Sunday, May 4, 2008

more mix CD goodness

I met a Catholic musician recently who expressed his frustration with the lack of artistry and authenticity in most Christian music, a genre he's pretty much given up on. I decided to make him a mix CD to remedy this. He's primarily a pianist, and I knew he liked Burlap to Cashmere and admired Rich Mullins. So here's what I came up with:

1. I Don't Wanna Waste Your Time: Over the Rhine
2. The Dress Looks Nice on You: Sufjan Stevens
3. The Things We Can and Cannot Keep: Alli Rogers
4. She Held My Hand: Steven Delopoulos
5. Mercy Moves Me: 100 Portraits
6. Springtime Indiana: Sandra McCracken
7. Mansions: Steven Delopoulos (from his live album)
8. On a Night That Felt Outdated: Waterdeep
9. May I Always Keep My Feet Upon the Ground: Steven Delopoulos
10. A Savior on Capitol Hill: Derek Webb
11. Have You Fallen on the Cornerstone: Don Chaffer
12. Eve: Sandra McCracken
13. Work to Be Done: Steven Delopoulos
14. Used to Love: Judd & Maggie
15. Lonely Sometimes: Waterdeep
16. For the Morning: Alli Rogers (from "At Sea")
17. Ohio: Over the Rhine
18. To Be Alone With You: Sufjan Stevens
19. Pieces: Enter the Worship Circle
20. 18 Bullet Holes: Waterdeep

1 comment:

Morgan said...

Well, I have to say, I think this is a good mix, but my fave Waterdeep song is easily "both of us will feel the blast" and I'm seriously wondering where Andrew Peterson is on that album.