Thursday, June 12, 2008

theme songs

So I've spent five nights at Rocky Mountain National Park in the past 13 days, before that was catching up with friends in Florida and now am trying to catch my breath so that I can plan a month-long camping trip with Emily and pack to move to Pennsylvania. But that's not why you're here!!!

Whilst camping these last few weeks I realized an indispensable part of camping is music- on round 2 at RMNP I brought my ipod speakers and it was wonderful. I have been mentally creating a playlist for my trip with Emily but these past few days brought to mind songs that have been definitive for trips in the past

Cross Country with my mom and sister, circa 1995- ALABAMA'S GREATEST HITS (i.e. the compromise between my mom wanting to listen to Hootie and the Blowfish and my sister and I wanting to listen to Alanis Morisette, now I think I would choose EITHER over Alabama but their music is sentimental to me now, so there you go.)



Driving up to Camp Skyline with Morgan this song MUST be played up Lookout Mountain, 2001 to present- Sheryl Crow: Kiss That Girl
(ignore the anime, in fact go to a different screen and think about growing up and driving up a mountain when the air starts to smell like who you really are)



Epic Roadtrip with Claire, summer 2006- David Crowder Band: Everything Glorious


Camping trip with Claire, two weeks ago- Jars of Clay: Love Song for a Savior



Camping trip with Lola and Kat, just returned- Kansas: Carry On My Wayward Son

No comments: